Thursday, 4 July 2013

What I Thought When I Got My First Real Piece of Lolita

I know I normally update these entries on a Friday, but I shall be out all day tomorrow and will not have an opportunity to submit anything. Expect to see an entry on Saturday about my whereabouts (^_^) 

The question for today is #35- What I thought when I got my first real piece of lolita


From the year 2008 and onwards, I have been building upon my lolita wardrobe. When I first started I bought quite a few jumperskirts from Bodyline. For this challenge, I shall interpret the question as my thoughts upon receiving my first real piece of lolita, as my first piece of lolita from a proper brand company.

The first brand item I got was actually an accessory, wrist cuffs, from Baby The Stars Shine Bright. They are white with a pink ribbon attached to the front. I love how multi-functional they can be due to the colouring.
Hellolace information
The first brand item of clothing was actually a dream print "teddy patissier" by Metamorphose. The immediate reaction upon receiving it was shock. This print was actually the one which initially got me interested in lolita fashion. It's from 2007 and is not a common print, as a result I thought these two factors - it would make tracing it down very difficult. In addition, the occasional times I saw it for sale, was in the black colourway, and I only liked the off white version. Thankfully in the Autumn of 2011, with the help of a dear friend, I managed to get it! ♥ The material of this partical jsk is very soft and you can see from the image below, that there is a lot of detail upon the print. I think it's these little added features which add to the jsk. Another factor I like about this item is the versatile factor to it - the chest piece and shoulder frills are detachable. Plus the waist belt and ribbon brooches are also removable. 

 

I have to say it is really worth waiting to receive your first piece of brand. It brings a feeling to you that is hard to describe. It is also a feeling which can not be shared with a "fake" piece of lolita. Of course once you experience this feeling, you want it to continue and buy more and more ^^;;

Check out the other topics I've written about within the Lolita 52 Challenge.
Thank you for reading and have a great weekend ◕‿◕

No comments:

Post a Comment