Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Ramadan Mubarak

رمضان مبارك

I made this purposely as a cover image for my Facebook account.
The holy month of Ramadan begins today. Ramadan, the month in which Muslims fast, is a very important and special time. A time in which Muslims go without food and drink from sunrise to sunset. Discipline is a key factor. You dedicate yourself away from food and steer towards faith (more so than normal) by being grateful to your surroundings and so forth. I know I don't have many Muslim readers, but I wanted to wish everyone a blessed month, full of forgiveness and joy for you and your family.

Image doesn't belong to me, but I loved it and wanted to share.
It translates to "Ramadan Kareem, and wishing you a blessed year".

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what is the right thing to say to someone celebrating Ramadan but I hope you have a wonderful one! :)
    Kieli~♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say a number of things; "Ramadan Mubarak", "Ramadan Kareem" or even "Happy Ramadan" will do. Thank you <3

      Delete