This amuses me. Of course as you ought to know, I wear the hijab (headscarf) and as a result will not be able to try various styles with my hair when wearing lolita. However, regardless of this factor, there are styles within the fashion that I like. The question is asking for my favourite and I shall share my top three general styles. Before going on, I'll state that I have always loved curled hair. And you'll probably see this from my selections below.
Firstly the bow. Back in 2010, Gaga started the trend (or at least I believe it originated there) and it's been catching on since. I actually tried to replicate the look for a girls only party, and after a few attempts at home I managed to perfect it for the event. Of course, there are no pictures to prove such a thing happened, so you'll have to take my word for it.
This is a style you need to practice, don't expect it to look amazing on the first try, because you need to experiment to find the right amount of hair to use and so forth. But it's certainly an enjoyable style to try and wear out. It adds that something extra to your hair.
Another point to mention is related to this hairstyle on the left, as is it incorporates two elements I love; bows and curls. What's better than that?
Next is the high pigtails.
This is a very common look used within lolita. You see the spilt wigs in this particular style, in a variety of colours.
It is a look which creates that sweet and innocent feel that compliments sweet lolita. Obviously you can opt for one or two pigtails, but I think two are adorable and work exceptionally well with the sweet coordinations.
Also, that left one incorporates the bow - so a double bonus there ^^

And lastly, we have the waterfall braid.
I know this isn't connected to lolita fashion, but I love it!
In this particular picture I've located, the end sections have been curled to add to the effect (and in my honest opinion, this completes the look and gives more sophistication) - it could be worn to a special function like a wedding or graduation perhaps.
Thanks to tumblr, I discovered this hairstyle and fell in love. It looks extremely complicated to do, and as of yet, I have not attempted to try it out.
Thanks to Google, I found a tutorial for those willing to have a go for themselves. If anybody does try, I'd love to see your attempts.
This was an enjoyable challenge to be involved in. Of course, I don't normally discuss hairstyles on my blog, but I guess it's nice to do something different every once in a while. Hopefully you've found this insightful.
Thanks for reading and have a lovely weekend ~

No comments:
Post a Comment