Friday, 21 June 2013

TPC ft JetJ and GLB

This is an entry which is long overdue, and for that I apologise (シ_ _)シ

Within the UK there are a number of lolita groups and the largest and longest running is the "Tea Party Club" which was founded by Kyra in 2007. Every year for the anniversary, an event is organised and held somewhere nice. For the fifth anniversary, something extra special was organised by some brilliant people, who put in a lot of time, effort and money into making this come to life.

September 2012 is when the magic happened. The bigger event was on the eighth and the tea party on the ninth. The venue was a few rooms within the Charing Cross Hotel in London, which is a 4 star hotel. Numerous things were held towards making this extra memorial including competitions, various stalls on the day including one where you could buy JetJ, a raffle, a Q&A with the guest panel and a fashion show showcasing some beautiful pieces from Juliette et Justine.

The event was made extra special due to the guests who made a feature;
→ Mari Nakamura, founder and head designer of JetJ
→ Mariko Suzuki, editor of The Gothic and Lolita Bible
→ Koitsukihime, renowned doll artist and designer of BtSSB's Seraphim (stained glass) print
→ Akira Tanaka, a stylist and makeup artist (www.tonytanaka.com)

On top of everything, this event was JetJ's first brand party and also the UK's first brand tea party! I'm sure this has to be one of the largest meetups known. I can't remember the exact figure of attendees but I've positive it was more than a hundred.

My coordination was taken and featured within the GLB! (´ ▽ `) ♡
Here are some photos which can be found online of my outfit 
♥ [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] ♥

Unfortunately the photos I took of this event were taken on my phone because my compact camera died on route to the event (and this was before I got my DSLR) and are not very clear to share here. Thankfully plenty of photos were taken on the day and can be found elsewhere on the internet.

Please read more ~ Kyra's detailed write-up on LiveJournal.
My haul ~ posters, magazine, snacks, jewellery and signed memorabilia.
◕‿◕

No comments:

Post a Comment