Sunday, 11 October 2015

Grand Designs Live 2015

Saturday 10th October 2015 @ NEC, Birmingham


I went along for the day with my family. I have never been to the NEC before, but I imagined it would resemble the Excel building in London. The NEC is massive. Both venues are perfect for exhibitions.

Grand Designs is a show I've grown up with. It is truly fascinating to see what other people create and how others live. Remarkable how they decide to live their lives really. My father LOVES the show and fulfilled a dream yesterday, but being able to ask Kevin McCloud a question in person.












CONCRETE TOILET ROLL HOLDER
what a clever idea - I loved this

Origami Car
Made from 1,700 individual sheets of card and each cut by laser.
It took 17,000 + hours to complete this cardboard Lexus











sat on the second row listening to the talk

Kevin McCloud



dining room table plus pool table

levitating bed !!!





the place is massive



I want one of these for the garden.
Imagine sitting outside in the evening with a cup of tea.





Arctic Cabin

Kid's play area for your home

bubble lighting - LOVE THIS SO MUCH




They were giving away rubber ducks, so we grabbed a couple.


Found the perfect background. I want this for my home.

Obligatory selfie XD

On the way out of the NEC, I spotted this banner. It's great!

Goodies I collected from the day
and brochures from certain stalls.

Freebie bag we were given as were leaving.


Thanks for reading. Have a good day~

No comments:

Post a Comment