Monday, 3 August 2015

First Eid as a Married Woman

Eil Il Fitr this year was a milestone; the first of many changes in my life. The first of many new memories and great endeavors. Now I'm married, I need to take into account the family of my husband as well as mine. So on the first day of Eid (Friday), we spent it with his family and on the second day (Saturday) with mine.

The day before Eid (last day of Ramadan), I joined my husband and his family to attend a local event, whereby they had various stalls, food and activities. One of the things available was getting henna/menhi done. 

My friend and I got henna done.

I forget to snap an outfit shot of what I wore on day two. but below is day one's outfit. The abaya/kaftan was a gift from my mother-in-law from Mecca, when she went on Hajj. Heels from Vivienne Westwood. Hijab from Pearl Daisy. Keeping it simple and elegant for my first Eid with his family.


view on instagram
Sorry about the squinting... the sun was rather blinding in my eyes :/

view on instagram

Thanks for reading and have a good day ◕‿◕

Visit me elsewhere online
☆•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤ | facebook | instagram | lookbook | tumblr | twitter | ¤•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.☆

4 comments:

  1. I love the gold and white together, quite classy indeed! I'm excited to see how things change when I'm married too (in November!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted to keep it elegant and simple. Many congratulations to you. Hope all goes well.

      Delete
  2. Wow. You are so pretty! Congratz from Malaysia :D

    ReplyDelete