ALBUM REVIEW
Yuna
I first discovered Yuna around a year ago or potentially more, when her music was recommended to me by a friend. Coincidently the day after, I found the same song "Live Your Life" on YouTube through Pharrell Williams. The single helped to get her on the map, that's for sure. Ever since becoming an immediate fan, I have been eagerly awaiting a new album. And last week, the second album "Nocturnal" was released, and I'm thrilled to discuss it in my blog ◕‿◕Her music fits into a lovely category, which can be listened to both unwind and enjoy oneself. Her vocals are soft and it's soothing to listen to alongside the acoustic guitar. I recommend you check it out via any of the conventional manners such as YouTube, Spotify, iTunes etc. My favourite songs from the new album include; "Rescue", "Colours" and "Falling".
She's a Malaysian Muslim singer who wears the hijab, and obviously I love this! Since her first single was released, she has done very well. She's now even sung alongside Adam Young from Owl City, for the Crooks soundtrack with "Shine Your Way". I assume she's now widely recognised as a result of her contribution towards this animated movie.
In addition to her music, I am intrigued by her fashion style. I personally am not keen to wear the turban hijab wrap style, but I've come to associate the style with her. The signature look as it were. Her fashion/dress style, is right up my street! Simply casual... Examples can be found below.
Now, I recommend you check out this single from the new album ♫ Listen below.
♪
visit me elsewhere online




No comments:
Post a Comment