Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Eid Al-Adha

عيد مبارك

It's that time again, for another Religion celebration, and this time it's Eid Al-Adha. It occurs towards the end of the Islamic calendar, once Hajj (the holy pilgrimage to Mecca) has been conducted.

For whatever reason, this entry was written over two weeks ago, but I forgot to publish it. I imagine it is because I have been focused on numerous things in my personal life, than blogging became a lower priority. I apologise for vanishing and will do my best inshallah, to continue blogging.


What I wore for the first day of Eid Al Adha.
The hoojab and kaftan are both from Pearl Daisy.
Navy and silver combination = my current favourite theme.
[ view on instagram ]
At the weekend, we had a large family gathering; which of course entailed assembled around a table for a massive feast. Previously in the week, I had helped my mother to prepare the dolma (vine leaves and vegetables with rice and meat inside - I truly recommend this if you've not tried it before. Of course the vegetarian version is the exact same mixture minus the meat). Below is a collage of our main meal which consists of traditional middle Eastern dishes, and the bottom section was our dessert (a combination of Arab and Western treats. The slices of cake were from Waitrose - so light and delicious, especially the white one which was a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake).


For this outing, I decided to wear a toned down lolita coordination. This was a risky decision because it was the first time the entire of dad's side of the family had seen me wear this style of clothing. At first I was apprehensive, but on route decided that they need to be aware of my fashion with a "I don't care what they think" attitude  Fortunately, the one remark of potential negativity was asking why I wore a petticoat. Or as my family kept saying "why does your skirt stick out?" It puzzled them for hours, which was highly amusing!


[ view on instagram ]
[ full outfit shot on instagram ] ✿ [ view on tumblr ] 

✧ OUTFIT RUNDOWN ✧
CARDIGAN, TOP AND TROUSERS | New Look 
SKIRT | Angelic Pretty 
BOOTS | Dream V
BAG | Innocent World 
ACCESSORIES | Chocomint, Tokidoki and handmade

Visit me elsewhere online
☆•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤ tumblr ಌ instagram ¤•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.☆

No comments:

Post a Comment