Saturday, 16 November 2013

Gallifreyan Galaxy

[facebook] [tumblr] [website]
Through the wonders of the internet, I have discovered many magical and wonderful things. One of those was the existence of a lolita dress with a Doctor Who theme. So after doing an investigation to locate the origin, I discovered it was made by an Australian indie brand called "We're All Made Here".

The print is called "Gallifreyan Galaxy" and it features quotes from the show, in circular Gallifreyan, such as;
» Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff.
» Yes, it's spacey-wacey!
» Hello sweetie.
» Bow ties are cool.
» Run, you clever boy. And remember.
» Tea. But the strong stuff. Leave the bag in.

A skirt and jumperskirt were made available for purchase. Honestly, I prefer the jsk because it displays the print in a larger form, and can be worn in numerous ways. I contacted them and bought the jsk. There was a reservation order at the start of September. And those people who reserved the print, got additional gifts such as a handmade matching Gallifreyan heart brooch and matching headbow.

Overall experience: ★★★★★
Quality of product: ★★★★★
Communication: ★★★★★
Packaging: ★★★★★
Cost: ★★★★☆ (a little pricey for an indie brand)

Gallifreyan Galaxy - it has full back shirring, a detachable silver belt and two concealed pockets on either side


I also received additional goodies within the parcel, which were carefully wrapped in tissue paper;
» A spotter's guide to the Gallifreyan Galaxy print
» A customised thank you card
» We're All Mad Here stickers and a business card
» Two-way matching headbow (measurements; 20cm x 12cm)
» Gallifreyan girl brooch (measurements; 4cm x 3.5cm)

The collection of goodies. [ click to enlarge ]
Detailing on the heart brooch, isn't it adorable?
I love the print; you can clearly tell that a lot of time has been spent on this beauty.
[ click to enlarge ]
There's a small detail inside the dress, which I think finishes it off perfectly. The garment care label within is made to match the print, with a nebula theme. And on the reverse features the Tardis and two sonic screwdrivers, which is an immediate bonus for any Whovian!


sorry for the blurry images, my camera was dying >,<
I am thoroughly impressed with everything, and am looking forward to wearing this out. I plan upon wearing it (and documenting my experience for my blog) for the Doctor Who event next weekend. A true Whovian getting to celebrate in style XD

Once more because I can, my name in Gallifreyan, which can be seen here on instagram.


visit me elsewhere online
☆•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤ tumblr ಌ instagram ¤•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.☆

2 comments:

  1. Noooo!! Now I insanely regret not pre-ordering this print--it looks so beautiful in your photos. I've always been pretty nervous about a lot of the Indie brands that have been popping up lately because I always want to make sure that the print is clear, and this looks gorgeous. *A*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying from an indie brand can be considered a risk, but I thought I would take the plunge and luckily was very fortunate. I'm really happy and very satisfied with this purchase. I wonder if you can contact the company and enquire about a further release of this print?

      We shall see how well it photographs this weekend when I'm at Who Con. So freaking excited, it's unreal!

      Delete