Friday, 6 September 2013

Something that's not my style but I love

The lolita 52 challenge question for today is #37 - Something that's not my style, but I love anyway


There are two things I would say are not my style but I love; printed legwear and gyaru fashion.


» PRINTED LEGWEAR (for example tights and socks)
In regards to lolita fashion, many girls wear matching knee high socks with their outfits. The new trend appears to be these printed tights. I really do admire the collection of tights available online and instore, but unfortunately due to wearing the hijab, I am unable to go out in public with attire that is tight (aka clings to the body figure/shape). As a result of this, wearing tights is pretty much a no-no when I leave the house.

There is a vast collection of printed tights, for explain the plain black tights with a cat face printed above the knee. Alternatively Grimoire offer a beautiful variety. I recently met Hitomi of Grimoire, which was an honour in itself, at Frock On! but I felt upset meeting her knowing I wasn't able to wear her designs.


» GYARU FASHION
Technically not really considered part of the lolita sub-culture, but it is a Japanese fashion style I do like. But the main problem is gyaru tends to be rather revealing and occasionally tight too. In addition, there is the whole aspect of doing amazing hairstyles. Yet, another problem for me (a girl who wears the hijab). I see others around me who look beautiful in the style, but it is one I can not try. Sadly, I must be left to admire from afar.



Check out the other topics I've written about within the Lolita 52 Challenge.
Thank you for reading and have a great weekend ◕‿◕

Visit me elsewhere online
☆•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤ tumblr ಌ instagram ¤•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.☆

No comments:

Post a Comment