Saturday, 21 September 2013

Nails to match my favourite looks

The lolita 52 challenge question for today is #36 



For this entry I shall focus upon the nails I have done. Unfortunately in the past, my nails have not always drawn much attention in the way of decoration. So if I decide to do something, it tends to be a splash of one colour to match the outfit, with no special designs. I've always admired those girls who create nail art designs with deco pieces for effect, from scratch.

I managed to locate some of my previous creations, to complete this challenge. 

London, 2010

This was one of my first coordinations, sweet lolita for expo. My colour scheme, as I'm sure you can tell, was sax and white. While browsing the Bodyline website, I stumbled across these false nails which match the jsk perfectly! So instead of painting or sticking some gems onto my real nails, I cheated (^v^)


Chester, 2011

One theme I want to wear more of is polka dots. I am impressed by the amount of dots you can see everywhere, especially in that left photo. This is what I wore for a Halloween meet. I decided to match my hijab and nails to the jsk. You can't really tell very well from these images, but it is that macaron jsk from Bodyline (see the bow attached to the headscarf).

London, 2011

Here's an example of what I normally do; stick to one colour. Yes, they are real! Many people don't believe they're real due to the length. At present, my current nails are a little bit longer than in the above image. For that coord, I chose a simplistic plain design to compliment the accessories - a matching pearl shade.

Chinese New Year, Year of the Tiger, 2010

Not loli related, but worth mentioning, are these nails I did for the Chinese new year a few years ago. Year of the Tiger. I went to London with my friend and wore something casual and nothing fancy, I believe it was jeans and a top. But I wanted to incorporate something in my attire, for the Chinese new year celebrations. It was difficult to do by hand and alone, but enjoyable too! I loved having tiger striped nails.



Check out the other topics I've written about within the Lolita 52 Challenge.
Thank you for reading and have a great day ◕‿◕


Visit me elsewhere online
☆•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤ tumblr ಌ instagram ¤•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.☆

No comments:

Post a Comment