From an old top to a cushion
I've been working on various crafts in the past few days and here's my latest project. I turned an old top I was going to donate to charity, into a cushion. It's really simple!
Apologies, but I forgot to take step by step photographs of what I did. However, you will find self explanatory descriptions below of what to do, should you decide to have a go at this project too.
All you'll need is the following;Apologies, but I forgot to take step by step photographs of what I did. However, you will find self explanatory descriptions below of what to do, should you decide to have a go at this project too.
- an old shirt
- one cushion
- scissors
- pins
- needle and thread (or a sewing machine)
- First you'll need to lay the shirt out flat and all buttons done up. Mark and cut out a square approximately 2 cm wider than your cushion.
- Turn the two pieces of fabric over, right sides together, so the buttons are now in the inside.
- Pin the edge where you plan to stitch, make sure the button channels are flatten. Sew by hand or machine all the way around. Snip off a triangle from each corner.
- Unbutton and turn the right way round. Stuff with your cushion and your project is complete.
Thank you for reading and have a lovely day~

No comments:
Post a Comment