Sunday, 23 November 2014

SnS 2014 - souk bazaar


Smoky not Smudgy is a charity event, and this is the seventh year it's been in production. Of course, year by year, things improve. It's a ladies only charity event which includes pampering, shopping, socialising and much more. It was held to raise money for orphans and needy children around the world, through Charity Week via Islamic Relief. It's the ultimate girls day out - fun and fashion combined to have a fantastic time.

I was approached by the team to attend the event. Attend as a blogger. So I made sure to take plenty of photos upon the day. I'm a self taught photographer. I won't ever claim to be a professional. All images featured in these entries belong to me, unless stated otherwise. Unfortunately I do not currently have time to wade through the images and individually edit each one. Please contact me if you'd like anything in particular. To make things easier to view, I will be dividing up my review into sections; the souk, fashion shows and the socialising element to the day.

The day itself was divided into sections. There were two fashion shows, one in the afternoon and the other in the evening. In addition there is a souk bazaar, which is a wide spread selection filled with various designers and companies. All present to showcase their products to attendees. Also, there was a pampering section, but I didn't get a chance to explore that facility.

BEWARE - THIS IS AN IMAGE HEAVY ENTRY
[ remember to click an image to enlarge it ]

The Souk Bazaar

the view as you enter

looking forwards from the entrance

Cherry Blossom Bouquets - handmade beauties for special occasions
Cherry Blossom Bouquets

Crown Therapy 
natural hair and skin products
Crown Therapy 
natural hair and skin products


Mirage [ website ]

X-s-swar - handmade jewellery [ website ]
Xs-swar

Asian Designers - an exclusive collection of Asian clothing
[ website ]
Asian Designers
fashanation - handcrafted pin cushions and hijab accessories
[ website ]

fashanation

Half Abstract - unique hand painted pieces
[ website ]

Aasavari - hijabs galore [ website ]

some of the food available on the day

Vintage hijab collection [ website ]
they sell hijabs and gorgeous accessories, as seen below
 
I loved the mannequin design - such a great way to display hijabs

 Al Madina hijabs combined with bubblegum's boutique
[ website ]

inleenya - organic cosmetics


inleenya


H&O - skincare products which are organise and hadmade


The Islamic Boutique - one of my favourites from the day. They have a
wide range of hijabs and abayas. All so gorgeous [ website ]

The Islamic Boutique



Modelling a piece I bought... a black and gold velvet abaya.


Love Accessoriez - hand crafted pieces - pins, hand chains and headpieces
[ website ]
Love Accessoriez

Cafe Julia's - handmade jams and chutney, from Dorset
[ website ]







Mayahmeen - handmade jewellry
[ website ]






Shasmin Accessories - Indian costume jewellery and headscarves. [ website ]









Zikr Art -  a modern take on traditional Islamic art
[ website ]






Meesa's Boutique - specialising in Pakistani kurtis [ website ]

KDevision - homeware and accessories designed and laser cut with love
[ website ]






Noor Collections
I love how this company has my name, and spells it exactly how I do too!

Afifah - hijabs and accessories, including hijab styling too
[ website ]





B R Designs - unique jewellery and clothing [ website ]





The Hijab Closet - another favourite from the day [ website ]
The UK's first hoodie and snoodie hijab



behind the scenes with Saima (Youtube account) trying on the fur edition

I loved the designer's entire ensamble. So gorgeous, just like her!
Covered in Style

halal sweets are the best thing ever!


It was so difficult for me to shop. I made my priority talking to all the designers, at each stall. And of course photographing everything too. Therefore I only walked away with a few purchases, but alhamduillah. I vale the friendships I made from the day more. I got to meet so many lovely sisters, each with a tale to tell. Great company is the best. Mashallah, so many wonderful people under one roof.

Please check out all their websites, and contact them separately for information if required.
Also, feel free to use any of the images featured BUT don't forget to credit me!


Thanks for reading and have a good day ◕‿◕

Visit me elsewhere online
☆•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤ | facebook | instagram | lookbook | tumblr | ¤•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.☆

No comments:

Post a Comment