Monday, 25 August 2014

Atelier Dormir

I feel terrible. I received these items over two months ago, and keep forgetting to write this review ^^;

A friend of mine recommended I try out this brand. And in addition, they had a feature earlier this year upon the catwalk at Enchanted, in London. As a company, they have progressed very well and I would recommend to everyone.

Atelier Dormir

Are a brand which specialises in lounge wear such as bloomers and underskirts.
The quality is handmade high quality and truly worth investigating for yourself. Find them online;



My order included two custom items - a chiffon underskirt and a maxi dress.

STOCK IMAGE - floral maxi dress

STOCK IMAGE (on the left) + PRODUCTION PROOF (on the right) of the chiffon underskirt


What set my order apart from the rest, was length. I am a Muslim girl who wears the hijab, and as a result of this key element, I need clothing to be modest. Therefore the length of an item is something I am always conscious of. Numerous times I have not bought a lolita related product because it was too short. When I discovered these underskirts, I thought "hey, this doesn't have to be a problem anymore. Excellent."

The maxi dress was made to measure - to fit my body shape.

The chiffon underskirt was made longer. Can you see the extra length in the image above? It was commissioned to wear with a one-piece from Haenuli (Little Women). Obviously you can buy their regular length underskirts.


each item was individually wrapped

contents of the separate packages
including a flyer and personalised letter


goodies - Japanese candy
and something extra from Atelier Dormir... what could it be?


she had kindly made detachable bows to match the dress
we had communicated about these, and I asked for a brooch back
so they could be either added to the dress or my hijab - multiwear

gorgeous detailing on the underskirt
these little bows just complete it for me ^^


In our email communications, I had provided my measurements and was informed at regular intervals about the production levels. This gave reassurance and was also something to look forward to. I don't think I've ever received great communication like this. She was fast to respond and very helpful in providing explanations when asked.

Sadly, when I received the maxi dress, it was too short. I was devastated to get in touch because of this slight fault, but she was VERY apologetic and immediately, a fixture was put in place. Postage was paid for (not by me), to enable sending it back to be altered. See the images below of the before and after.

BEFORE - a gorgeous lace hem

AFTER - cleverly hidden
I love how you can't tell there is an addition to the hem

Although I had encountered a problem with the product, it was fixed - without an extra charge or any hassle either. Nobody wants to hear about problems, but sometimes we find them in life. We are all human and sometimes minor mistakes do happen. Fortunately, this was something that could be easily fixed.

Apart from that, the dress fits perfectly upon my body. It is comfortable. Made for a beautiful fabric and really well made. The addition to the hem isn't even noticeable. Only something you recognise if pointed out.

As a result of the super service I received throughout, I award full stars.

Product cost: ★★★★★
Packaging: ★★★★★
Quality of product: ★★★★★
Overall experience: ★★★★★


Thanks for reading and have a good day ◕‿◕

Visit me elsewhere online
☆•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤ facebook ಌ instagram ಌ tumblr ¤•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.☆

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I can't wait to see photos of you wearing it! And that's super sweet of her. Great business owner!
    Kieli~♥

    ReplyDelete